Saturday, July 16, 2011


Last Saturday we laid the bricks for the hearth floor (which is where the
cooking will happen) then we started building the sand mound.
Then we rebuilt it this Saturday because
a sand mound cannot stay the same in storms and lots of heat...

We then covered it in wet paper so it will be easier to take out, and much
slower than planned built up the first layer of our wall. In a few days it will be
ready to have its first firing!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! How crazy to have not just an earth oven, but you're own home made one... i like crazy though, crazy is good! :)